rick & 1j13
Thursday, August 15, 2002
 
Having fun yet?

Well, I "found" enough to do. Might've saved my job today. Woo hoo. J/K, but it is a little stressed out around here. People who don't cuss cussin', not as many big happy smiles, very little laughter, etc. Anyway...

Off to CWO tonight for fun and frivolity. Meeting with pastors, hopefully. Then CWOBC Orientation for the Fall '02 semester. I think I'm in for the Leadership Theology course (I know - you envy me, don't you?). I've also got to get my mind around what "gatherings" might look like in the future. Small groups for bible study? for prayer? just cuz? It's hard to build relationship amongst people who seem to not understand what true fellowship/intimacy might be. Right now, I'm leaning towards doing a book discussion kind of thing, where we can meet maybe once every week or two, read a chapter or so each time, maybe have online correspondence/conversation going for the 'tween times. We'll see.

And for this blog - hmmm... needs more links, huh? I mean, that's one of the reasons I think lots of us are drawn to the web, it's non-linear approach to life, the universe and everything (42, by the way). If the church is ever going to move forward and be a guiding force in the culture, rather than a reactionary entity, we're going to have to be more open about tangent thoughts and chasing bunnies, aren't we?

Not yet. But I'll let you know when it starts.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger