rick & 1j13
Tuesday, January 21, 2003
 
Back to work...

It seems like I'm constantly taking a day off. Not that I'm complaining. It's just that next week, barring any illness or catastrophe, will be the first week I'll actually be in the office a full Mon-Fri 8:30a-5:15p week since the beginning of December. I really enjoyed taking Friday off - got the oil changed in my car at SpeeDee, hung out at Barnes&Noble with a Toffee Nut Latte (not as bad as it sounds, really), and drilling a few horrendous holes into our computer cabinet while watching WE WERE SOLDIERS with Mel Gibson. Woo hoo.

We didn't do much else over the weekend until Sunday, which is always a fairly full day. Worship/Service in the morning and a Cleansing Stream video made for a long day. That's why I'm glad we were all able to take MLKJr Day off yesterday. And that brings us to today - when no one wanted to get up and go to work/school. But we got out of the house fine: the kids were fine and well-behaved, and I had time to stop for gas before pulling into a parking spot right at 8:30a. Now, I'm going to head out, do a little reading for lunch, and come back to get some "real work" done.

It's incredible to feel productive, and while I haven't been as motivated as necessary, I do believe that what I've got to do needs to be done, and that it fits into the scheme of my calling. I'm to do my job well, as unto the Lord, right? Then I've got to finish these tasks with quality and thoroughness, working for the Father, not my bosses or my paycheck. My ministry grows from my relationship with Him, and I want to please Him, to do my "job" well.

Thanks for paying attention this long 8^)
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger