rick & 1j13
Wednesday, January 01, 2003
 
I am ubergeek - hear me roar.

This is just a gee-I'm-up-and-this-is-a-brand-new-year-but-I-don't-know-what-to-expound-upon kind of post. Just letting you know.

Here we are in a brand new year: 2003. And I'm online after only about four hours of sleep, writing to my blog, updating my homepage chock full o' links, and contemplating geekdom. I hope this isn't an omen of the year ahead. I'm watching VH1's "I Love The 80's" Marathon (that'll only last as long as the kids sleep in, I'm sure), and I'm reminded of all the fun of middle school and high school - yeah, boy. I'm looking at one of my coolest christmas presents ever: a watch that's also a TV remote (also got Smart Mass for my cubicle). And I'm looking forward to nothing but Gamecube, Bowl Games all freakin' day, and reading (per my resolution to *finish* one book per week this year).

I'm also brainstorming things I'd like to hit on this year on this blog:
* can I follow through (2003 catchphrase - is that one word or two?)
* what made the eighties both special and oh-no-please-take-'em-away?
* book reports each week as I actually finish a few
* other geek toys and trends
* what it means to minister, to lead, to train, to disciple in our culture today
... stuff like that.

Well, back to my book - gotta get some quality page time in before the bowl games, right?
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger