Sunday, March 23, 2003
I'm taking a class in our bible college - "Moving In The Apostolic," CWOBC - and I've got to finish my homework. Last week, I grabbed the wrong folder and had to email my stuff to Pastor Steve. This time, I'm blogging it. That way, I can print it from the web - looking like a geek rather than a complete idiot.
1) Where does the answer lie in completing the Great Commission?
a) Why? (Your own words)
The "answer" in completing the Great Commission lies in Jesus' authority. Since He has been given all authority in heaven and on the earth, He is both able to give the command and then to fulfill it through the willing & submissive disciple.
2) State three of the four premises we discussed for completing the Great Commission.
1. The church has been given a commission.
2. It is an apostolic commission.
3. This commission must/will be fulfilled - will we be a part of it?
4. Will require an apostolic anointing to fulfill it.
3) Word Study: AUTHORITY (Greek: "excousia").
a) From the information obtained, write a brief but detailed definition of the word.
From our discussions, #3 and #4 from the Strongs Lexicon seem to fit better in context:
* the power of authority (influence) and of right (privilege)
* the power of rule or government (the power of him whose will and commands must be submitted to by others and obeyed)
b) List at least 3 scripture references in the NT
* Romans 13:2
* Luke 4:32
* Acts 26:12