rick & 1j13
Tuesday, March 04, 2003
 
One of those days today - not bad, not especially "good" either, just a day. I'm about to leave work, hooking up with the wife and tater-tots at my mom & dad's house. Looking forward to relaxing a bit - before getting them to bed and pulling this laptop back out to get some work done that I didn't get to this afternoon.

It's a cycle - work, eat, sleep, work, eat, sleep... until the weekend when it's work, eat, sleep, work, play, nap, eat, sleep, etc. Solomon was right - vanity, all vanity, if this is all there is. I can't imagine right now how some people do it - without hope, why bother? Without something to strive for, who cares about rolling through mediocrity? Without "something more" then this is all there is, right?

There is Something More. Always is, always will be I suppose. The cycle is part of the journey, but it's not the journey. I've got more invested in this life than to let it flounder into the same-ol'-same-ol' day after day after day. My hope: that what I aim for is worth it, is life-changing and life-enriching. And that I'm a gift to others in the process, that my relationships are true and full.

Until tomorrow... shut down.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger