rick & 1j13
Thursday, March 20, 2003
 
What do you tell your kids about war? Reading this blog made me think of where I was in 1991 - getting ready to get married, working already in Blythewood, out of college and looking forward to whatever lay ahead. I honestly don't remember feeling anything, probably more because I was so busy than anything else. Also, I was probably more gung-ho that time around, at that point in my life.

Now, I'm a little more hesitant - not in resolve to pray and stand with our leadership, but rather in my own understanding of the need for conflict at this point in time. My prayer is that our strikes will indeed bring peace to the country and the region, and that people in the US will be so disgusted with war that we will finally begin to act selflessly in aiding others around the globe. I think we should use our military and technology in order to make the world a "better" place. But that means that we have to understand what "better" really is - standing up for those who can't stand for themselves, and helping them stand with us.

If we are blessed, it is in order for us to be a blessing. I hope this doesn't change that, but rather strengtens that notion in us and in the ideas of "America" among the rest of the world.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger