rick & 1j13
Sunday, May 25, 2003
 
:: RELEVANT magazine :: Why Do We Go Back? Part 1 - Michael Reitz

:: RELEVANT magazine :: Why Do We Go Back? Part 2 - Michael Reitz

I'm sitting at the dining room table at my mother-in-law's condo in the NC mountains. I miss being with my church this morning. And as I surf a bit, I found these articles on "going back to church" for less than noble purposes. At the same time, I am listening to Mark Driscoll preach on PEACE > LOVE > FAITH > GRACE from Ephesians 6:21-24 (I love MP3s, don't you?). Someone who is lifted up as one of the most pomo preachers in the country it preaching hellfire and brimstone, and he's "just getting warmed up," in his own words. I love it, being challenged to check my manhood in Christ like this. I wish more could stand under criticism and rebuke; and I wish I could stand better under the flame of the Spirit's pointy finger, so that I could flourish more in His warm embrace... amen.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger