rick & 1j13
Friday, May 16, 2003
 
Yippee. What a fun day. Pardon my enthusiasm. Yawn.

Nah, really. I just got back from a school field trip with my daughter and her class of 5-yr-olds - woo hoo. And I'm beat. Woke up this morning with the same dang lingering cough, but I pressed through it (didn't want to - trust me) to go to the zoo in the rain and tough it out. Stopped raining, and Cammi & her friend Hayleigh had a great time. Follow up the zoo, which was packed, with lunch at the McD's PlayPlace, and you can imagine that this is the first quiet time I've had all morning.

I've got a doctor's appointment in about an hour. I really don't like to go to doctors. Something about being sick, and then going and having them say little more than, "you're sick." That's sick. But I want to make sure that, even though I'm feeling better right now, my sinus thing doesn't turn into or hasn't already become an upper respiratory infection. I'm heading to Puerto Rico next - would not be prudent to be hacking up a lung right now.

I need to thank my wife, and to apologize to her for snapping at her this morning. Like I said, I hate to go to the doctor. She suggested that I go, and when I blew it off (I know she knew I'd blown it off), she brought it up again. Now she's not the kind to be manipulative, or to be a nag, so I know that she only wants me to feel well. That's why God gives men a helpmeet - to make sure we take care of ourselves. Otherwise, we'd have a country full of guys who's only aspirations would be high scores on Golden Tee at the local sports bar. Besides the allergies and cough/hacking/sniffling thing, I need to get my blood pressure checked and make sure I'm kosher there, too. She wants me to feel well, and to be alive.

I'll probably post a few more times over the weekend, but I don't know how connected I'm going to be for the next work week. Taking my laptop, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to hook up. Hopefully it won't be a problem.

UPDATE: Upper respiratory infection. Zithromax and something for the cough. Meanwhile, it's raining again. Woo hoo.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger