rick & 1j13
Monday, June 09, 2003
 
Meditation for the week:


The first commandment was really brought to life yesterday morning in a new video we're watching on the Ten Commandments. The thought that we're to "have no other gods" makes sense when you consider that there are no other gods, and that the Lord has already led us to freedom, already made us free.

The second passage above was Pastor Danny's text yesterday. "Who are you to judge someone else's servant?" We judge too much in the disputable matters, without standing firm nearly enough on those matters that God is clear about. We might turn a blind eye to an affair in the congregation, but watch out if you walk in full of tattoos. I'm meditating on these two passages this week, wondering where I might be seeking after other gods, and where I am judging others too harshly, or myself not harshly enough.

I also went to my brother's church and heard him preach on "The Perfect Church." Basic premise: we're already in the "perfect church" by being a part of the body of Christ, so now LIVE LIKE IT.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger