rick & 1j13
Friday, July 11, 2003
 
6:38a - hitting the snooze again
7:38a - rolling my lazy hiney out of bed
8:38a - booting up at work
9:08a - Friday Five

1. Do you remember your first best friend? Who was it?
The first "best friend" I can remember is John W. We went to middle school together, and I saw some of my first big kid thoughtful movies with him. I remember seeing TAPS with Timothy Hutton, Sean Penn and Tom Cruise, seeing him and his folks after me and my mom had bought me some new shoes. We asked if we could see it, and I wore my new shoes on the yucky theater floor. Don't know why that sticks out.

2. Are you still in touch with this person?
No. We went to separate high schools, and then I want to say his family moved to Maine. This was before email - if we'd had that, I'd probably send this post to him.

3. Do you have a current close friend?
Of course.

4. How did you become friends with this person?
Got to know her by spending time with her. We used to read the paper together, do the Jumble puzzle. We went to movies, football games, the beach, and got married.

5. Is there a friend from your past that you wish you were still in contact with? Why?
Hmmmm... I have some friends that I wish I was in better contact with, but we haven't lost touch altogether. Well, maybe that's not true. After some of the things that have happened in our lives spiritually and ministry-wise, there are a few people from the more recent past who we just don't have any contact with at all, and that's sad.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger