Tuesday, August 26, 2003
Just got this in my inbox - another dang email/hoax/virus. Wonder if any of this would be happening if the economy were doing better?
- What does this HOAX email contain?
- Bogus warnings usually intend only to frighten or mislead users.
- The email will mention jdbgmgr.exe (with a bear / teddy bear Icon).
- The email will request that you delete a jdbgmgr.exe (Do Not Delete the file)
- The email will request that you forward the email to your contacts. (Do Not Forward the email)
- The email will provide you a link to supposed anti-virus support tools. (Do Not Click the Link)
What should you do if you receive the HOAX email?
- Ignore any mail you might receive regarding jdbgmgr.exe.
- Delete the email as soon as you receive it.
- Do NOT pass it on - this is how an e-mail HOAX propagates.
- Do NOT click on any of the links in the email.
- Do NOT follow any of the instructions in the email.