rick & 1j13
Monday, August 25, 2003
 
"We know too much, and are convinced of too little..." - T.S. Eliot

This quote was the tagline to a daily email I received this morning. The rest of the post was a story of a man heading for the spirit realm after death, trying to deduce logically & mentally whether or not the heaven he perceived was real. In the end, the angels surround him told him that these things were only understood by the heart, not in the intellect of men. Good story, but not particularly pointed to me this morning.

But then there is this line: "we know too much, and are convinced of too little..." This is so true, and as I find it more true in others, God convicts me yet again that it is true of me.

I already know too much. I'm more and more unteachable every day; more and more unwilling to be transformed; more and more un-expectant when it comes to hearing God speak and call me to partner with Himself.

And I'm not easily convinced of anything different, of anything transforming, of anything truly meaningful. I find myself wanting to bend truth into my own framework, instead of letting my framework be manipulated by truth. I see it in so many others, and Lord, I see it in me. Help me be teachable; challenge me beyond what I know I can bear - to where You want me to be, to become, to be changed.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger