rick & 1j13
Tuesday, September 02, 2003
 
Back to work. Short week, but still feels like it should be Monday. I woke up this morning feeling like crap. The wimp in me wanted to roll over and stay in bed. But the Daddy-man in me wouldn't let that happen. Daddy-man wanted to get up, help get everyone ready for school, take the kids and drop them off, and then go back home and crawl into bed. The Colossians-3:23-er in me wanted to get everyone dressed, take them to school, and then come home and crawl back into bed as unto the Lord. As I pulled out of the driveway and into the thick soupy fog, I knew I'd go to work, and I was almost resolved to be whiney about it.

But here I am, at work. Funny how a thirty minute commute puts things into perspective. I stopped for breakfast, and as soon as I got back on the interstate, the thick fog began to lift from the Columbia Metro area and from my own attitude, too. The sky was blue and the sun was bright - doing irreparable damage to my eyes since I left my sunglasses on the kitchen counter, and not helping my multiple headache symptoms at all - but it was very beautiful for a late summer morning. The drive around town was pleasant enough, and I'm feeling better now that the tension headache Excedrin has kicked in and coffee is within reach.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger