rick & 1j13
Monday, September 29, 2003
 
I'm looking forward to a busy week - and that's not usually my style. I'm one who likes to kick back and be lazy. I'd work from home every day, never putting on long pants or shoes, if I could. But that's the "old me" - right? Today, I just want to get things done at work, get to class tonight and try to grasp what's going on, and get home to read a little before bed. Tomorrow evening is free, but every other day is full of nighttime activities. And all week, I've either got a meeting or conference call or wrapping up some piece of the project...

And I just want to do a good job. I've read that men tend to get their self-worth from what the do occupationally, where they are in the corporate hierarchy, how they're recognized for their performance on the job. I'm not like that - much. But I do want to do my job well, to bring a return on the investment they're making. But more than that, I really want to reflect positively on Christ in my life. I don't want to be the hypocrite who preaches hellfire and steals office supplies. Instead, I want to do my work, help others with theirs, and be a help around here. Is that so much to ask?

Anyway, I look forward to it this week. And I realize that I've got to sleep better, eat better, and get into the walking regimen I want to initiate. I want to feel good, feel energized, feel up to the task at hand. If anything, maybe I'm looking forward to that the most: just feeling good about what I do.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger