rick & 1j13
Sunday, September 07, 2003
 
It's been a good weekend. Good time last night speaking at church, and I thought it went well this morning, too, in starting our "sermon on the mount" series. All that and Carolina beat UVA, and I got a primo 2-hour nap this afternoon. Sweet.

So what stands out to me? The two threads that I'm taking from Dallas Willard as being woven through Matthew 5-7: (1) "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand", and (2) "unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees, forget it." Those two thoughts - that the kingdom is here now and a viable option in God's grace for your life, and that your internal heart-life has got to surpass the external show of religious people - are really working through me. The kingdom of heaven as an outflow, not just and ourward-show - what kind of difference would that make? What kind of impact should we be having?

Class starts tomorrow in our church's bible college. This'll be my 4th class.... I think?... at CWOBC. I'm only taking one: "Excellence in Evangelism." I don't want to be a skeptic. I don't want to be a skeptic. I don't want to be a skeptic. I think the class will be fun, and I'm really hoping that God will challenge me beyond what I can see with my own eyes and mind right now. I think He can.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger