rick & 1j13
Monday, September 01, 2003
 
I'm doing the American thing and being lazy this morning for "Labor" Day. And I'm doing some reading. In all of my reading - books and catching up on email - I'm struck by how we as Christians interpret Truth based on experience, circumstance and well-meaning but misplaced "authority." Instead of trusting God to reveal Himself, we limit Him to our individualized perspectives. In leaning too heavily towards the Bible being the sole authoirty, we usually fall into a rank idealism and legalism; yet in trusting only experience, we run the risk of leaving the underpinnings that should be supporting kingdom-life. God is the authority; Jesus is Truth. Now, part of my quest is to listen to Him, beyond myself and my limitations, as He leads from eternity.

Only then can I be holy as He is holy.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger