rick & 1j13
Monday, October 27, 2003
 
Mind if I type my notes from memory for the midterm I'm taking later this evening? Thanks. The class is EXCELLENCE IN EVANGELISM. Anything wrong down there will be corrected later after I take the test and find the correct answers (left my study sheet in the car so I could attempt this from recall).

Purpose of the Law
  • Rom 3:19 - shut the world's mouth, show them guilt before God
  • Rom 3:20 - make us conscious of sin (Rom 7:7 - meaning of sin)
  • Gal 3:24 - schoolmaster leading us to Christ
  • also - 1 Tim 1:8 - the Law is good if used properly
  • also - Rom 15:13 - the Law is a lamp

    Characteristics of True Convert
  • Repentance
  • Thankfulness
  • Good works
  • Fruit of the Spirit
  • Fruit of righteousness - doing the right things with the right motivations in the right way

    Characteristics of a False Convert (Matt 13, Mk 6, Lk ??)
  • Immediate Results
  • Lack of moisture
  • No roots
  • Receives word with joy
  • Received word with gladness
  • Believes for a season

    How To Get Fired Up to Witness
  • Faith - passage? - we grow in enthusiasm and joy as we take God at His word, believe His promises
  • Love for God - Acts 20:19-24 - Paul's love for God was greater than troubles
  • Motivation of Compassion - Rev 20:11 - not wanting people to end up in a certain judgment/doom (Heb 2:15 - realizing that everyone is enslaved to fear of death)

    Keys to Army's Success
  • Know objective - "seek & save the lost"
  • Know weapons - faith, daily word, prayer
  • Know enemy - kill the flesh

    Extra Credit: 10 Commandments
  • Have no other gods but me
  • Don't build any graven images of Me
  • Don't use my name in vain
  • Keep the Sabbath
  • Honor your mother and father
  • Don't lie
  • Don't steal
  • Don't murder
  • Don't commit adultery
  • Don't covet the stuff of others

    Hmmmmmmm.... I'm missing something from the sheet. I'll have to fill in those blanks later. And like I said, I'll do my best to correct any wrong references or anything above later.
  • Comments: Post a Comment

    << Home

    Powered by Blogger