rick & 1j13
Sunday, October 05, 2003
 
Thanks for all of the book suggestions. I'm going to add them to the list, but I'm first going to dive again into a book I've been looking for around the house. S.J. Hills' enjoying God is good, and I thought I'd loaned it out to someone - which meant that I'd probably never see it again and need to re-order it. But my little girl found it in her bedroom shelf - and when we came home the other night, it was laid on my pillow on the bed. She's so sweet - and I was really appreciative, as demonstrated by the hugs and kisses and zerberts.

There's a quote that kicks the book off that really gets after it for me. I don't have it in front of me, but it goes something like this: "God is the initiator of this relationship. Before you were ever seeking Him, He was pursuing you." For me, that statement is so rich, especially as it challenges me to pursue Him, too; to seek after Him, to make His kingdom & righteousness a priority.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger