rick & 1j13
Friday, November 07, 2003
 
Well, I started writing a novel this week. It's National Novel Writing Month and I signed up to write 50,000 words in 30 days, from Nov 1 through Nov 30...

Well, I stopped writing my novel :). There is absolutely no time right now for anything "extra" that takes up that much time. At just under 2K words per day, I'd almost have to quit my job, or at least say goodbye to the family. I might pick it up again next summer, like when Vicki and the kids go to the beach for a week or something, but not right now. I enjoy being with people too much to continue a plotline that might not be worth continuing.

Anyone want to see it? The "novel" idea of the novel was that it would be blogged/journaled from a first person point of view. I like the way it flows, but writer's block smacked me early in the journey. So it'll sit, hoping to be completed sometime before Jesus comes, at http://tgan1103.blogspot.com. I think I last posted there Monday - but don't expect "Jake" to post anything new any time soon :). And feel free to let me know what you think ("Gee, Rick, good call on dropping that one - lol!!!).
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger