Friday, December 26, 2003
The Day After. Looks like christmas exploded all over our living room, dining room and in the kids' rooms. I got a few really nice gifts, and really appreciated the thoughtfulness of people, you know? I mean, we all get gifts where "it's the thought that counts" leads to "what were you thinking?!?" - but for the most part, I got some cool stuff:
- Coffee Press - to be honest, this was in the "neat to have" category, but I wasn't sure if it would be all that. Wrong. Really good coffee without some of the bitterness we're probably used to. I haven't made a bad pot with this yet. Kinda geeky - I still heat the water in the regular coffee pot and then pour it and the grounds into this one - and I probably won't use it every day, but when we want a nice cup at night, this makes really good coffee.
- DVDs - I'd asked for a few, and I think I got them all. We watched PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN last night at mom & dad's. Really good, but we'll watch it on a better setup next time.
- XM Radio Roady- Already posted on this since I got it early. But enjoyed it on the way to KrispyKreme this morning for breakfast - woo hoo.
- Got one of these. Not sure what I'm going to do with it, but I'm sure I can bug somebody at work for hours.
- Also got an H2\Hummer - scale anyway. Close as I got to the Lexus Key, I guess.
- shirts, sweaters and henleys - I love long sleeve stuff for winter, and getting new sweaters and stuff is always nice. Wearing one of the henleys right now - woo hoo.
- two sets of sleep pants and shirts - someone telling me to take a nap? No prob!