rick & 1j13
Tuesday, December 02, 2003
 
My son has his first official basketball team practice tonight. Tomorrow night, practice #2. Friday night, first game. That's nuts. But we're excited that he's excited. Any time that your child does something physical or outside, instead of potato-ing in front of a TV or PC screen, and he says, "wow, I might like this better than video games" - jump on that. So he's learning how to dribble, how to shoot, and how to pass. And his first game is Friday night. No real concept of team and how to play the game. And his first game is Friday night.

I'm more nervous than he is. Can you tell? 'Cause I want it to be fun for him. I feel like the coach is smart, capable of teaching him the fundamentals better than I can. And I'll follow behind him with drills in the driveway. But here's my conundrum - do I tell the grandparents or not? I know I should, I know I ought to - but I really don't want to. I don't want them in the stands yelling things at him, getting him off focus and stuff. But we probably will let everyone know - and I'll have to tell them to sit down and shut up, right?

After practice, we're going to buy some new all-black hi-tops to complete his uniform. And then we'll go home - quick shower for him, and I'll let him stay up a little and watch college hoops on ESPN before bedtime.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger