rick & 1j13
Friday, December 12, 2003
 
What did men do before there were malls? Did they go to five different stores all over town, or did they try to find everything at the local five-&-dime? 'Cause at Christmas, I'd much rather find everything for everyone in one gigantic place than have to get in and out of the car all over town.

[NOTE: Items and stores are hidden from nosey people looking for hints this Christmas - sorry for any inconvenience. Thank you for your patience. - the Editor]
I'll get some shopping time today at lunch and after work. No kids, no hassles - just me and a cheerful salesperson or two. I'm going shopping for a nice new ###### for my wife, maybe something that ###### #### from ###############, and a new ####### or two for ######. Oh, and can't forget something #### and ###### from ##########. We also need to buy a new digital camera to replace the one stolen a couple of weeks ago - that means I get to go to BestBuy, too - woo hoo (usually not allowed to go unsupervised).

I've already picked up "daddy gifts" for the kids, so one more for Vicki and I'll be set on that front. I'm running out of Christmas Blend - oh the horror - so I'll have to make the obligatory stop at Starbucks - oh the horror. And then I need to wrap everything. I told the group last night that in light of my call to not be so selfish this Christmas, I'm going to wrap everything I give. Normally, I only wrap the things I didn't get a bag for. I hate wrapping presents, and I'm not very good at it. But the kids don't care, and my sweetie knows it's done in love (and that if it looks perfect, someone else did it!). So this year, I'm wrapping all of it - and praying while wrapping, thanking the Lord for the wonderful presents He's blessed me with in so many ways, and praying they'll enjoy the gift and see my heart for Christ.

Ho Ho Ho
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger