rick & 1j13
Saturday, January 03, 2004
 
humility.

If there's going to be a "theme" to 2004 for me, it's "humility" - mostly from Romans 12:3, "For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you."

I can't tell you how many bible studies I've led and been led through on Rom 12:1-2 (don't be conformed, but be transformed"), and even on Rom 12:4ff ("all members of one body"). But this one verse on humility, just thinking properly of yourself if you're thinking of yourself at all - that's nuts. And so far, everything I'm putting my hands on to read is pointing towards humility. So I'm just looking to learn fresh and new what true humility looks like.

Not looking for a humble button or anything... don't know if I could wear it, anyway.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger