rick & 1j13
Thursday, January 08, 2004
 
I dreamt alot last night. No nightmares, no evil, no sinful stuff - just life. I dreamt I was at basketball practice with my son, at work, at church with friends, at home with family. I had dreams about life. This late in the day, far removed time-wise from the dreams themselves, I don't remember much. But I do remember... just living.

When I lay down at night, I usually fall asleep pretty quickly. There's not alot of reflective time between lights out and snoring beginning. I've preached that there's a point in everyone's day when what you've done comes back to the front of your mind, where the deep dark life questions won't go away - and that time is usually right before you go to sleep. And yet, for me, I fall asleep to quickly to effectively deal with some of that stuff.

I don't know why I'm writing about this, except to say that as I've gone through my day today, I'm strangely comforted by the dreams I had last night. It's like my conscience rose up and said, "this is what you're dealing with... nothing huge or cataclysmic, just getting life right, living it in the kingdom, in God's grace... just keep growing, keep learning, keep allowing transformation in obedience... He is faithful... daily."

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but there's an encouragement in there for me today. Things are going well, and of course could be going better. But all in all, He is faithful, and He's paying attention to "real life".
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger