rick & 1j13
Tuesday, January 06, 2004
 
It's finally getting chilly around here. Don't get me wrong - I like living in South Carolina. The winters aren't too bad, and the summers aren't too hot. Humidity is often the worst thing to deal with, but at least I can get to the ocean within a couple of hours, or to the mountains within a couple of hours. For the two months or so it's really really hot in the summer, we usually get a couple of months of fairly cold 20/50F weather in the winter.

But this past week or so since Christmas has been nuts. Highs in the 70s and lows in the 40s. That's just not right. So the entrance of a cold front is much appreciated, at least by me. Right now, it's 45F and only climbing to around 55F before tomorrow's low of 25F. Sweet. Now I can turn the A/C off in the house.

I put up a new color scheme, at least until the Panthers win the Super Bowl. Then I'll probably keep the blues and replace the logo with a winter scene, snow falling, maybe our kids in the snow from last year. I really enjoy the chill in the air, and this space will probably reflect that... at least until the Gamecocks win the SEC and the NCAAs later this year.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger