rick & 1j13
Tuesday, February 03, 2004
 
CNN.com - TiVo: Jackson stunt most replayed moment ever - Feb. 3, 2004

Did anyone else laugh when news of an FCC Investigation came across the news yesterday? I could see into the sterile offices of justice, where young men were doing their duty, rewinding and playing, rewinding and playing, pause, slow, rewind - all in the name of "investigation".

The only "malfunction" was that Timberlake's hand was there in the first place. A serious lapse in moral judgment occured when the producers and performers chose shock value for entertainment. It doesn't matter how many kids might've been watching it, though that's the only real argument I've heard from anyone that's got some acceptance. The real issue is that we've deteriorated to a point where this was even an option. My kids didn't see it, and I didn't see it, and my wife didn't see it. And I'm still "offended" - more that we've created a culture & creative machine that shoots vulgar and shock as the norm.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger