rick & 1j13
Sunday, February 15, 2004
 
I usually wake up this early on Sundays. Any other day of the week and this would be "late" - even Saturdays we tend to get up with the kids and do cartoons by six a.m. But Sunday's are different, and even the children want to stay in bed. I get up, do the church bulletin for the morning services, and mess around on the 'net before getting ready for church. I'll leave in a few minutes, getting there before the line at the copier grows and having a few minutes to stop at Starbucks first, perhaps.

God messes me up on Sundays, so I'm not taking anything lightly today. I've already had the discussion with my wife about switching to decaf (oh, the horror, the inhumanity). My BP is ok, but still not where I know it needs to be. And while there are mixed reviews on hypertension and caffeine, I'm going to err on the side of caution and get this thing under control before having another decadent macchiato. So it's a decaf latte - or maybe chai latte - this morning, and then teaching on "Witnessing Without Fear" from Bill Bright and Campus Crusade. Somewhere between the video lesson/discussion and the morning service that follows - Pastor Danny's preaching, I think - I expect to be challenged and messed up. It's a good feeling.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger