rick & 1j13
Wednesday, February 25, 2004
 
Just got back from THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST.

Go see it. If you consider yourself "saved", go see this movie. It was good, and I don't take that lightly. I'm very tough to please when it comes to films, and this one tells a very good story in a very meaningful way. Yes, it's bloody - way bloody, and the violence is extreme. I think I was desensitized a little, waiting for more than was there. I flinched once, when He's getting whipped. I cried once, when His mother Mary goes to Him as He's dragging His cross through the streets. Everything was beautiful, engaging and compelling you to enter into the story - all signs for me of a good film, regardless of its subject. But we can take this one's Subject more seriously, right?

The biggest thing that drove the story for me was watching the eyes of Jesus and the eyes of the people He looked at. Story within a story.

Be ready for the violence and the blood. But don't let that stop you from seeing it.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger