rick & 1j13
Thursday, February 26, 2004
 
Well, I got my wish - one more wintry mix kind of day. But I'm at work - what's up with that? After having such nice weather last week, we're bogged down with sleet and rain and wind and the possibility of snow. It's just really yucky out. But I love it - nice to feel the cold, huddle inside a jacket, sit in here with some green tea and work. Well, would've been nicer to be able to stay home and not come into the office for the weather, but I'll take what I can get.



Heard from my brother last night after his screening of THE PASSION. His word was "disturbing", and that fits pretty much. It should be disturbing. Someone asked me this morning if I enjoyed it - and I turned and must've looked funny at her: "Well, maybe 'enjoy' isn't the right word, huh?" I heard one estimate that the movie made $20M yesterday, making it one of the all-time money-leaders for a one day, non-summer/christmas release. It'll make $$$ through this weekend, but it's lasting power will rely on how well Christians receive it and how well they take up the discussion around them.

I hope it's going to be a good, deep, discussion-filled weekend. Time to relax a little with the weather turning bad, and time to reflect on what Christ did so many years ago along with what He's doing in our midst right now.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger