rick & 1j13
Tuesday, March 16, 2004
 
Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble. Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing. For, 'Whoever would love life and see good days must keep his tongue from evil and his lips from deceitful speech. He must turn from evil and do good; he must seek peace and pursue it.
(1 Peter 3:8-11 NIV)


I'm only going to work two days this week, after yesterday's sick day and the mini-vacation coming at the end. So I want to be as productive and fruitful as I can while I'm here, you know? Many times, I get caught up in other things that seem pressing, but this week I really need to get a couple of things at work done so they won't be hanging over my head anymore. I want to do a good job, being a blessing and not an insult to the people I work with and the customers we serve.

And I'm looking forward to the weekend. Most mornings, I'm flipping channels on my XM Radio, going from one news talk station to another, flipping past the comedy channel or ESPNRadio, trying to find something that keeps my attention the whole thirty-minute drive from my kids' school to my cubicle. This morning, I left it on something - I think it was The Fish - and just chilled out to Caedmon's Call and whoever else was playing. I'm in la-la-land, just relaxed and feeling good today. When I got in and booted my laptop, I got some coffee and walked around the floor to my supervisor's cube, shot the breeze a bit, and came back to sit down and get to work. It's a good feeling.

Of course, I'm blogging right now and not getting anything done :) - but had to write that when I am doing something productive, that it's feeling good today to be contributing around here. I'm "pursuing peace" in a way, as Peter admonishes above, just trying to do what needs to be done while serving those around me for the kingdom. How wonderful can that be?
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger