rick & 1j13
Sunday, March 07, 2004
 


It's really windy here this evening. On the Weather Channel, the scroll along the bottom says that we're having gusts over 50 mph, that the winds are non-tornadic, that they're being caused by rapidly changing wind patterns and air masses. Right now, it's 55F at 9:48pm - tomorrow's high temp is only supposed to be 60F. So we get wind. My wife called to ask if we were having tornadoes - I got to use the word "non-tornadic". Woo hoo.

I'm beginning to read John Piper's DON'T WASTE YOUR LIFE. Generally written to someone far younger, still looking to make life-decisions like college/career/etc - I'm finding that I'm challenged by the thought of making sure my life counts, making sure it's not wasted. Life is such a rut sometimes, and even when it's moving at a good clip, is it meaningful? Life is often "non-tornadic", and when it does get a little stormy we don't know what to do. I want to stir up some currents, float on some gale force winds, in a way that matters and has an impact beyond me crashing into something solid. Ouch.

What else happened today? Pastor and I taught the LifeVISION class at CWO. Three ladies and assorted teenagers came to find out what we're all about. It was a good class. People come from such varying backgrounds, various experiences, various hurts and triumphs. When God brings people together into "one body", that's cool. And to continue the "theme", I hope that they find a "non-tornadic" place to rest awhile, to serve a little, and then to re-launch into new storms and adventures.

[photo note: that's my daughter, being non-tornadic]
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger