Tuesday, April 27, 2004
Driving for Integrity
On the way into work this morning, I was flipping channels on my XM, hoping to find something to listen to, to inspire me, to sing-a-long, to get me pumped. Nothing. So I tuned it to talk radio, and that was a bad idea. Spiralling downward, into a morass of doublespeak and misguided conviction. As I flipped from one news program to another, from the America Left to the America Right channels, from liberals to conservatives and back again, I was smacked with this question: WHERE'S THE INTEGRITY?
- The Center for Public Integrity - this appears to be a liberal leaning investigative organization, looking for ways that the Republicans are lying, thieving criminals
- Integrity - this is an orgainization promoting "A witness of God's inclusive love to the Episcopal Church and the gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender community"
- IntegrityMedia.com - I've got some albums/projects from these folks, but is this the right use of the word?
- CENTER FOR ACADEMIC INTEGRITY - pretty self-explanatory
- Alliance for Bio-Integrity - protecting our food:"Preserving the Safety of Our Food, the Health of Our Environment, and the Harmony of Our Relationship with Nature"
- Filtered Internet by Integrity Online - tagline: "YeeHaw, it's fun!"
- Integrity in Science: A CSPI Project
- Promise Keepers: Men of Integrity
It's an election year. Both sides are seeking to smear the other side as unfit for political service. Meanwhile, no one knows who's telling the truth; no one knows who's right. There is no integrity, no love, no peace in what's being said back and forth. And that bothers me.