rick & 1j13
Thursday, April 29, 2004
 
Running email conversations are bogging me down. I had to pull my sarcasm hand back from the keyboard last night, not replying to a contrary response to stuff I'd emailed about the need for Christians to "cleanse themselves" (2 Tim 2:21), to walk in obedience and escape the sin they've been forgiven of and delivered from. I just felt like banging my head against the wall, looking forward to the relief when the banging finally stops. I don't mind criticism, or being told that I'm wrong, or that there's a better way. But please, don't go out of your way or over the top to prove your point and to tell me just how incredibly wrong you think I am.

Also last night, the kids and I went to my folks' house: to let the kids play with them, to sponge supper, and to see my Memaw who's in town for a few weeks. I'll be the first to admit that I'm the low cousin on the totem pole - I always forget grandparents' day and never send a card. I try, but not hard enough, I suppose. When we got there, my daughter went to her to tell her about losing her teeth: "Memaw, look - I lost two teeth." To which my grandmother replied: "Wow, look at that - did you know that Marissa has lost four teeth? Yeah, and I think she's a little taller than you..." And so it continues, as the sins of the father are passed down to the generations.

Other than that, everything's peachy...
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger