rick & 1j13
Saturday, April 24, 2004
 
Well, there was no Friday5 yesterday, and there's so much going on that I won't be getting much time to blog as much as I've been doing lately, so I'm just surfing this morning through some headlines. Here's some of what's out there today catching my eye:

  • SI.com - NFL - Former Cardinals safety Tillman killed in combat - Friday April 23, 2004 8:15PM
    I was IM'ing with Jen a little yesterday afternoon. She knew the Tillman family, went to school with a couple of younger brothers. This is a real story, with real heroism, real patriotism, real selflessness.

  • Yahoo! News - Omarosa's Bad Hair Day
    Heh heh heh. Means she'll probably end up doing call-in radio.

  • MSNBC - Bush's strength surprises some pollsters
    I've blogged alot lately on my continuing disgust and concerns with the political games played in this country. I'll probably end up voting conservative and Republican, but only for those candidates that impress, that look like they can do the job with sincerity & integrity, and with the godly ideals I think are important. No politician is perfect - I'd like to vote for those that are still trying.

  • Yahoo! News - Jennifer Hudson Not Shocked by 'Idol' Vote
    I'm glad to see that after yesterday's post, Hudson isn't taking it personally as much as some others seem to be. But "I think there should be another vote"? I think William Hung still wants another vote, too. Not to lump them together, but everyone wants a second chance, thinking that would make the difference. But there are rules, and that's not one of them.

  • USC might land TV show spinoff - The Gamecock - News
    A college version of The Bachelor: "One guy, not going to classes, but a hottie with a rich family endowment, taking his pick of lovely ladies looking for a sugar-daddy when they're not rushing sororities." Yippee.

  • Yahoo! News - Jackson team bones up on 'Lovely' 04/22/2004
    I'm going to have to get this book now.

  • Netflix CEO says on-line movie downloads to start in '05 - Apr. 23, 2004
    I'm a big fan of Netflix. I don't know that I would ever seriously get into downloading movies. Maybe for a business trip, having it on my laptop instead of having to use battery power to spin a DVD. But other than that, I don't know that we'd get much out of it.
  • Comments: Post a Comment

    << Home

    Powered by Blogger