rick & 1j13
Friday, May 07, 2004
 
Ashley's Substitute FridayFive:

1. Friends ended its 10-year run last night. Name one other long-running sitcom you enjoyed watching that has ended or will be ending this year.
I enjoyed the final episode of M.A.S.H. - wrapped up things pretty well, I suppose. Seinfeld was classic, and still about nothing.

2. If you could cancel one sitcom right now, what would it be and why?
Only one? Because I'd trash the whole ABC TGIF lineup on Friday nights.

3. Name one drama you enjoyed watching that has ended or will end this year.
NYPD Blue, which is likely ending next year. It's just real, and the storylines have stayed above the fray while so many others have tanked into perversion lately. This one started a bruhaha on language and partial nudity - and it's now one of the cleanest (comparatively) shows out there.

4. What drama would you like to cancel this year? Why?
The O.C. - I don't care, it's still a 90210 wannabe, and that's not a compliment.

5. List your top 5 sitcoms of all time.
All In The Family
Seinfeld
Duck Soup (I liked it, anyway)
Everyone Loves Raymond
According To Jim
* I think these last two will, if given the room and the promotion and the writing support, go into the history books like other good ones have over the years. But that's just me.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger