rick & 1j13
Wednesday, May 05, 2004
 
"But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified." - Paul, 1 Corinthians 9:27

We had an exercise this week in our Expository Preaching 101 class: breaking into two groups, we used the materials at hand to study a passage, determine an intentional meaning to its readers then and to us now, and then presenting the findings in an expository outline form. Our group looked at Galatians 5:16-26, where Paul is writing that there is a real freedom from the Law when we live by the Spirit in Christ. He lists the outer actions/attitudes that are prevalent when we're living selfishly by the flesh, and then lists the fruit of the Spirit that is evident when living by the Spirit. The ladies did a wonderful job - I mainly typed out the notes, and then was hoodwinked into giving the presentation. I felt like preaching, but was glad that I only had ten minutes because of my sore throat and congestion.

So today, I'm going back over those notes, looking at them and meditating on that passage. In Gal 5:25, Paul has a "well, duh" position: if we're going to live by the Spirit, then it's time to live by the Spirit (my paraphrase).

BTW, I still feel like crap. Thanks for your support.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger