rick & 1j13
Saturday, May 22, 2004
 
"New & Improved" Blogger
I'm jumping in and trying some of the new bells & whistles at Blogger. With all of the problems that crop up from time to time in the comments, that's where I'm going to start first - using the Blogger-defined comments. Do me a favor if you're surfing through: post a comment here and let me know what you think - seems a bit bulky to me.

Anyway, I'm not impressed with any of the new templates to replace my current one, so I'm not thinking of changing it - yet. But I did update the template at Javabeans, and I hope I'll be able to get more team members onboard to post there soon.

UPDATE: Old comments are back. What was Blogger thinking? No smilies?!? That, and there's no good way for non-Blogger folks to place comments with info - kinda like some other services. I didn't like that.
Comments:
posting a comment - need to move the day-by-day cartoon down a bit to see the "post a comment" link - geez.
 
At the beggining I though Blogger comments' system a quite good, very well attached to Blogger system. However, when I tested it, I thought it was too closed to Blogger system, to me, a blogger user, is fine, because my user is just a click to make, but to others, they will ever have a invite to join Blogger at least to have their info in comments. So I backed to paste Haloscan code to my template.
 
yeah - i wondered about that, too. i just commented my former comment stuff out, and it's ready to pop back in at some point... hmmmmmm, still pondering :)
 
and no smilies?!? that's two votes against.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger