rick & 1j13
Monday, May 17, 2004
 
What Really Inspires...?
We prove time and again that we won't move as individuals until we have to. Usually, there's no compelling reason big enough to get moving. That's why we see ourselves as slackers when someone mentions prayer time, or reading the Bible, or serving the community. That's why the bulletin is never read and the announcements are ignored. We're not sufficiently inspired by a "mighty purpose" - or, if we are, we do move toward that thing with all that is within us.

I'm inspired to work towards a conviction that's summed up from this phrase above: "I want to be thoroughly used up when I die, for the harder I work, the more I live." By rule, I don't work hard - I'm like everyone else, doing enough to get by. But that's not real living, and that's not abundant life. If that's what Jesus came to bring, then I've got to accept it and live that thing out...

Here's another Daily Dig from over the weekend:I don't want to just be "first to the couch" in heaven.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger