rick & 1j13
Tuesday, June 22, 2004
 
Where Are The Summer Movies?
  • RELEVANT magazine: THE SPIRITUALITY BEHIND 'THE CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK'

    When my wife and kids take their midsummer jaunts and leave me behind, I take those opportunities to catch movies they wouldn't be interested in. I'm not big on escapism in movies, so it's not a big action/comedy funfest (although I am going to try to catch DODGEBALL tomorrow night, just for fun). Usually, I see the action/thinking/dialogue flicks, the ones where we'd be fast-forwarding through the gore at home so my wife can watch, where the movie is so slow or so talkie that it wouldn't hold out attention with the kids running up and down the stairs (like they did for THE LAST SAMURAI a couple of nights ago.

    All that to say, there's not that many movies out right now that I want to see. But I do want to see, and might see tonight, is .THE CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK. I feel like I need to rent PITCH BLACK first, but that won't happen if I go to the movie tonight. The RelevantMag artcile above is good, and where I'd blown it off before, I think I'm going to try to see it while it's still at least impressive sound- and music-wise in the theaters. I've talked myself out of seeing SAVED!, and I think TROY might have to wait for DVD.
  • Comments: Post a Comment

    << Home

    Powered by Blogger