rick & 1j13
Tuesday, July 06, 2004
 
Bush/Cheney vs. Kerry/Edwards
  • CNN.com - Kerry announces Edwards as his running mate - Jul 6, 2004

    "John Edwards is ready for this job," Kerry told a cheering crowd (CNN.com). The implication is, of course, that Edwards is ready for the VP job, just not the P job for which they were both campaigning against each other earlier this year. Of all the Democratic candidates, I think I liked Edwards best, maybe Leiberman. I find myself not being able to vote for them (I've got problems with the Democratic platform - like abortion and a tendency to fall in step to willingly with environmental and homosexual political activists), but I'm looking forward to the debates in the coming months.

    Also, it wouldn't surprise me to see someone else on the Bush ticket in November. I'd heard some talk earlier about Cheney leaving for "personal medical reasons", and that would allow the President to select someone less caustic. That's a good thing - as long as the next selection is a little less contractually attached to the business sector.

    Here's an excerpt from the Kerry email sent just before the announcement:
      "I want you to know why I'm excited about running for president with John Edwards by my side. John understands and defends the values of America. He has shown courage and conviction as a champion for middle class Americans and those struggling to reach the middle class. In the Senate, he worked to reform our intelligence, to combat bioterrorism, and keep our military strong. John reaches across party lines and speaks to the heart of America -- hope and optimism."
    I'd almost be tempted to vote for these two, but then I remember that Edwards is a Tarheel, graduating from UNC-Chapel Hill. Can't have that, can we?!?
  • Comments: Post a Comment

    << Home

    Powered by Blogger