rick & 1j13
Monday, July 12, 2004
 
New Week
Looking back on this past weekend, it was good - relaxing, encouraging, restful, maybe transformational. Sometimes, the weekend can sneak up on us and fill our daytimers with all those pesky chores that have gone undone through the rest of the week. We got some of those things done while having time to still just enjoy living, enjoy friends and family, enjoy God's presence among His people.

As I head into a new week, I just want to leave the past behind, you know? I had a birthday last week, and it's not so much that I'm feeling old (although there are many more creaking sounds every morning in my knees and ankles than there used to be). It's more about just needing to move on, move ahead, take some advance instead of wallowing in any doubt or uncertainty. I need to be encouraged that I'm moving forward somehow, not just shaking my head or feeling the self-pity I've been nagged with the past little while. I feel like the future holds some new conversations, some restored relationships, and a few possibilities and surprises. But to get there, I've got to start moving forward again. And once started on this particular journey, wherever it may lead, I get the feeling that there will be no turning back. Woo hoo.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger