rick & 1j13
Thursday, July 01, 2004
 
The Stand: Epilogue
Whew.

Thanks again for letting me share a little of "my stand" in what's going on in the world, what's going on in the church, what's going on in Christendom and the ideas that are behind the changes that sometimes seem to be taking place way too fast. If you've read all the "The Stand" posts, I especially want to thank you for processing with me, and I might need to recommend some medication to... oh never mind :).

While I've finished the writings at this particular time in these particular spaces, they're always growing still, aren't they? We continue together in the journey, helping each other process, challenging and being challenged in fellowship with one another. I appreciate the way it reflects from us the call in 1 John 1:3 - just proclaiming what we've seen & heard so that others around us might have fellowship with us, and since our fellowship is with the Father and His Son, Jesus, it makes it all that much more special, completing our joy and propelling us forward, together.

Normally, I'm not as dogmatic as I may have been in these posts (and many might disagree that I've done that here, still not "taking a stand" strongly enough). Normally, I'm much better asking questions, especially opposing or complementing questions that help someone process through the information for themselves rather than being the one who disagrees vehemently and trying to "share the truth in love that you're wrong". This has been a practice, however, in communicating what I do stand for, what I do hold dear. But like I said when I started, it's all up in the air and open for debate - all except for Jesus. I can't deconstruct Him, only my perceptions of Him. He is consistently bigger and more everything than I can imagine, and I won't take that away from Him. I won't take that away from me.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger