rick & 1j13
Thursday, July 29, 2004
 
Thursday Tidbits
  • Blogs4GOD Birthday - woo hoo!
    I appreciate all the things Dean and Co. do to keep the blogs listed and cached each week. I'm not much of a participant anymore, but it's cool to see that people still peruse through the Journals listing and visit this site from time to time. Stop over there and wish them a HBD, and tell Dean I sent ya!

  • Bruderhof Saving Childhood Forum - When is advertising to children unethical?
    As a parent, I'm finding that one of the hardest things to do in "training a child in the way he should go" (Prov. 22:6) is teaching our kids to make wise choices when it comes to advertising. How do you teach them that Nickelodeon is simply trying to manipulate their desires towards the advertisers onscreen. How do I teach that to myself?

  • RELEVANT magazine :: The Church - The 3rd Party - "Last election, I voted straight Green Party. It’s an impossible dream, true, but when I vote, I want to at least reflect my ideals rather than the practicality of them" (Myles Werntz).
    Hmmm... The Christian Party. Would that be a viable alternative? Or do we already have so much emotionally invested in the Republican Party that a new more-Christian organization would be the same thing? Here's another good quote:
      Hauerwas writes in his Resident Aliens that the choice between candidates is often a false one, because we as the church make the false assumption that we must get openly Christian candidates into office, or legislate Christian morality in order for things to be good. Rather, Hauerwas says that the Church must be determined to offer a distinctly Christian alternative to the culture, regardless of the political state of the union. With that in mind, does it matter who I vote for?
    I knew there had to be someone as whacked out as me on all this.
  • Comments: Post a Comment

    << Home

    Powered by Blogger