rick & 1j13
Friday, August 13, 2004
 
O2: Story Three - "Road Trip"
[rules here]

High school is the time where you begin to discover who you are, what you like, who your friends are. And it's a time for driving all over the countryside, making the local governments regret giving you a license so early. I remember one such road trip. I don't remember where we were going - I've got in my mind that we were going to a football game in the Upstate, but the event that stands out to me didn't happen in a place that was actually on the way there, if that makes any sense. Anyway, I was newly "dating" - meaning that we'd just been friends before and were just now starting to hang out together - Janet, and Jay was dating Michelle at that time. Like I said, I think we were heading to a ball game, but right now I'm not so sure.

As we were taking an off-ramp at an interstate interchange, Michelle reached into the armrest/storage box in Jay's Mustang and pulled out what looked like a g-u-n (spelling it that way so I don't start getting alot of google hits with this one, ok?). And of course, it was a prop Jay had used in making a short film for our AP English class, something that had actually gotten him taken in for booking at the local airport security offices. Playing around, she pulled the t-r-i-g-g-e-r - and it went off.

Needless to say, this is the biggest part of the story for me. And that's why I can't remember any other details.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger